Monday, November 8, 2021

Distance learning - Journals

Bonjour everyone,

Today in distance learning we learnt about journals. What is a journal? A journal is often something that is kept private, like a diary. It is something personal that is kept to yourself and often written in a first-person view, as if you are talking to the journal. You can freely express your entries with rants, thoughts, reflections and freely pour out feelings. 

Even though a journal is kept private and I told journal that I wouldn't show anyone, I had to show it to you guys since it is part of my schoolwork even though I really don't want to. I'm so sorry journal! This will be the only time I will be showing it to our viewers. I copy and pasted it because if I embed it, I will be updating the doc every day and if people see, they will also be seeing my daily thoughts with journal.

Monday, November 8, 2021


Dear Journal,


You are now my journal where I just write down my normal thoughts. I will tell you how I am feeling today.


It’s a shame we are in lockdown now, journal. I have been growing more and more restless as the time passes... I wish covid could just end in a snap of the finger. There are also the people who don’t want to vaccinate. Don’t you feel the same, journal? Those anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers are doing nothing but making the situation more and more worse. And yet everyone is complaining about how they have to stay home. The answer is pretty obvious. We just need 90% of each suburb to vaccinate, then, we can finally move down an alert level! But that sounds like a dream right now. All we can do is dream about it. Just dream and dream…


I don’t even know why I am talking to you. You are non-existent and not listening right now. This is for my schoolwork, anyways. And this is to entertain my boredom and loneliness. So I'll just imagine you’re listening, journal. I don’t know why, but for some reason, I hear a tick.. Tock.. Tick.. Tock.. It almost sounds like a clock. It might be my brain being so bored that it starts to count. Or is it Big Ben in my head? 


Sorry, journal. You are kind of like my buddy to talk about things I don't normally talk about with other people. I am just letting my thoughts flow to you and talk about it. That is what a journal is for, right? Don’t worry - Journals are kept private. They- What? What did you say? Oh! Yes, I know that. I was just about to say that to you! For some reason, the teachers are telling us to share our work onto our blog. But journals are supposed to be kept private! Yes! I know! I don’t know why they are telling me to share something private between you and I to the whole world! (my blog!) I think I am going to end the journal entry here, journal. See you tomorrow!


P.S: I'm really sorry if these thought don't make sense at all. They are just the first things that come to mind.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Rieza,
    What an awesome piece of writing, I like how you've used paragraphs to organise your ideas. Did recording your thoughts help you or make you feel better in anyway? A lot of people find it useful to put their thoughts down as a way to clear their head. You are right about what you should share online. If you feel uncomfortable sharing something, you can make that choice to not.

    ReplyDelete