Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Rangoli pattern

 Day 75 of lockdown. 2nd blog in November.

Namaste readers,


It is Diwali soon (2 days) and we had to make a rangoli pattern for Diwali. Before I explain that, let me tell you what the celebration of Diwali is. Diwali is a festival of lights celebrated by Hindus, and the festival lasts five days and it is held in either October or November.

Anyway, we had to make a rangoli pattern for Diwali. A rangoli pattern is a colourful design on the floor using coloured rice powder. It is often used by Hindus throughout Diwali.

In Maths, Rangoli can be a creative way to discover symmetry, reflections and tessellations.
I created my own rangoli pattern using the tessellation creator once again. Remember? The one where I created the triangular tessellation? Yeah, that one. But this time, I didn't create a tessellation - I created a rangoli!

This also looks kind of like a tessellation. But unfortunately, I cannot think of it right now. I can't be bothered.

Sorry for the short blog, but thank you for taking your time reading this blog! I really appreciate it! Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Reiza,

    Hi I'm Mariam from room 23, and I like how you chose to make a pattern like that. It's very creative, and I love the colours. That's all I have to say for now. Bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rieza, I like the way you used the tessellation creator app for your Rangoli. Your choice of shapes make this tessellation stand out. Do you think there are people celebrating Diwali who would use this app for their Rangoli?

    ReplyDelete