Thursday, October 28, 2021

What is media?

Day 71 of lockdown. Blog 6 in October.

Hello everyone,


Today for distance learning, (well, yesterday, but I'm blogging about it today) we were learning about media. What is media? What does media do? Media is something that is everywhere, even my own blog is media. It is something that is everywhere, and it can do anything to people such as sharing information, catching up on the latest trends, the current news, and it can entertain people, such as billboards, adverts, mobile devices and this blog you are reading right now.

We were given a google form to answer what type of media we consume a week. Unfortunately, I cannot show you the google form, but I made a graph to really see what I do in a week.


Yes, I play a lot of video games. A. Lot. Over ten hours a week. In fact, I bought this new game about 5 days ago and it shows you for the amount of hours you have been playing. It said 20 hours. What else am I supposed to do anyway? It's lockdown! I'm boring myself to tears! Video games are the only things that is currently keeping me sane. No, I don't have an addiction. I don't play that much.

We had the choice between google sheets, google drawings, and word art, but I chose google sheets since I haven't created a graph in a long time.

You have made it to the end of my blog post! Thank you for taking your time reading this blog. Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Yes, as you say in your blog media is everywhere! You have shared some very good points around how much time we spend on social media in a week, in a day even!
    You could lower your percentage of time using media on a daily basis by having a time limit per day and even a non device day or days in each week like every Friday and Sunday as an example
    Love the way you created your own graph to share well done. What else does /can your graph show us information wise? 🧐🧐🧐🧐
    Tino pai to mahi👍👍👍👍😋😋😋😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Reiza, I like your reasoning behind creating a graph to show your weekly usage of media. I wonder how your age group compares to other age groups? Do you think there would also be a difference depending on gender? Thanks for your mahi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reiza, as Mrs Tannahill says, it would be very interesting to compare your data to not just other students - perhaps even to teachers. I have a feeling ours might edge you out on Zoom or Google calls. Where you have gone for gaming, I admit to using Trademe and Facebook and similar a lot in my down time. Most of my Christmas shopping is now done, with nearly all of it bought online.
    Just wanting to throw in another type of Media - what about mixed media? I'll give you a clue: visual art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia ora Reiza. Ka pai, you've described your learning really well, just like we spoke about today in the Meet. You've explained what media is, the media you consume and why you chose to create your graph. Can you remember how to make your graph a bit bigger so it's easier to see? If not you can check the video I shared or take a screenshot of your graph.

    ReplyDelete