Tuesday, October 19, 2021

The ultimate fail.

 DAY 63 OF LOCKDOWN!

Fakalofa atu everyone,


It is Niuean/Cook Islands week this week and we had to make something called the tivaevae. Tivaevae are treasured quilts made by women in the Cook Islands. They are made from brightly coloured fabrics including flowers, geometric shapes and animal designs, though animal or bird shapes are considered unlucky on the bedspread.

They are sometimes made for gifts, or special occasions, such as a weeding, or a boys' haircutting ceremony.

So we had to make our own tivaevae out of paper and we followed A tutorial. And guessing from the title - yes. It is another fail blog. An ultimate fail. I made A mistake instead of a tivaevae.

Remember how I said how I hated origami? Yeah I think this is why. I also said I am very bad at my cutting skills. That is true. That is the whole reason this failed.

I enjoyed nothing in this because I was using some kitchen scissors and - oh come on! You can't get mad at me again for doing that! It said in the video to get 2 A4 sheets of paper and cut them into A square this time! Anyway, where was I? Oh, right! I was using blunt kitchen scissors and they didnt work. At. All. This photo will explain everything. I am also left-handed so it makes it a lot harder for me to cut.

I will be saying the same thing I said last time. This was A beautiful piece of paper absolutely destroyed by me into A mistake.

I don't think I will be doing this again anyway, so I won't be doing anything better next time. I've had enough of origami and cutting paper.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rieza,
    I see you have a wonderful sense of humour. I can relate to the blunt scissors - that can be very frustrating!
    Your title gave a hint of your success with this task, before I even started reading your blog.
    I like that you gave it your best shot.

    ReplyDelete